Welcome to Week 6 of the Monster Feet Yarn Bomb Along!
Woo hoo, we made it! The last week of the Monster Feet Yarn Bomb Along is finally here … so how’s the installation going?
This week we have some installation tips and we’re also sharing a selection of your amazing monster feet yarn bombs. We’re so impressed with all of your great work!
Remember, just because it’s the last week of this yarn bomb along, you can always join in anytime, forever more. All the resources will remain on the web! Each week is listed at the top and bottom of each post for quick reference.
Here are six tips to get you through this week’s big install:
- Bring tools! At minimum you’ll definitely need extra yarn for sewing and securing your yarn bomb, a tapestry needle, and scissors. Depending on where you plan to install your monster feet, other tools you might need include: a stapler, cable ties, wire, elastics, a flashlight, sunscreen, a step ladder, and/or a crochet hook.
- Some people sew their yarn bombs to install them, while others use cable ties or both – you can decide what’s best, depending on the structure you’re attaching to. Think about things like rain (water can weigh the yarn down), accessibility (will it be touched a lot?), etc, when deciding which method to use.
- Tag your piece … but this is 100% optional … many yarn bombers like to tag their work so people know who made it. The decision to remain anonymous or shout it out to the world is completely up to you!
- Invite a friend! Yarn bombing is more fun when done in groups … plus you may need an extra pair of hands, and you’ll definitely want someone to document the fun … which brings us to the next tip …
- Take pics, share them on the interwebs and remember to use hashtag #MFYBAL!
- Lastly, HAVE FUN!
Your Magical Monster Feet
We trolled Twitter and Instagram to put together this selection of your wonderful monster feet yarn bombs. Click on the picture to be taken to the maker’s post.
BIG THANKS to everyone who participated in the very first Knits For Life Monster Feet Yarn Bomb Along!
Lorna & Jill